As a mortgage broker, it’s tempting to wear all the hats and do everything by yourself. You may feel the need to have complete control over your business and believe that only you can manage better than anyone else.
Don’t worry, it’s normal to feel that way!
However, this will likely result in burnout and stress, which could ultimately hinder your business growth. In this blog, we’ll explore the importance of ‘letting go’ and how outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant can help you focus on what matters most in your business.
Why Letting Go is Important
One of the biggest challenges mortgage brokers face is delegation. It can be difficult to trust someone else with your business, but the truth is, you cannot do everything alone. The time and energy you save by delegating tasks to a virtual assistant can be put to better use in developing your business, building customer relationships, or even chasing those wild business ideas you’ve always had. Not only that, but having an outsourced assistant helps you achieve a better work-life balance, reduce stress levels, and avoid burnout.
The Benefits of Outsourcing Tasks to a Virtual Assistant
Outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant can bring many benefits to your business. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Increase your productivity: By outsourcing repetitive tasks, you’ll never have to send late-night emails, handle backlogs, and go to work exhausted the next day.
- Cost-efficient: Hiring a full-time employee can be costly, especially for small businesses. Outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant can help you save money on employee benefits, office space, and equipment.
- Access to expertise: Companies with virtual assistant services often have a team of experienced VAs who specialize in various industries. By outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant, you can access their expertise and knowledge, helping you improve your business processes.
- Flexibility: VAs can offer flexible solutions tailored to your business needs. You can hire a virtual assistant as needed or for a long-term project.
- Improved Work-Life Balance: Outsourcing tasks to a virtual assistant can help you achieve a better work-life balance. You can focus on your personal life and hobbies while knowing that your business is in capable hands.
How to “Let Go”…
Delegating tasks to a virtual assistant may seem daunting at first, but it’s definitely essential for your business growth. Here are some helpful steps to follow:
- Identify Your Business Needs: Determine which tasks are consuming most of your time and which tasks can be outsourced.
- Define the Tasks: Clearly define the tasks that you want to delegate. Provide clear instructions to your virtual assistant to ensure that they can complete the task to your satisfaction.
- Choose the Right Virtual Assistant: Look for a virtual assistant service that has experience in your industry and offers the skills you need.
- Establish Communication: Establish clear communication with your virtual assistant. Use email, messaging apps, or video calls to keep in touch with your VA and monitor their progress.
- Provide Feedback: Give regular feedback to your virtual assistant to give support, make them understand your expectations, and improve their overall performance.
…And Delegate Effectively!
Once you’ve identified your “whats” for letting go, it’s time to move forward to the “hows” of letting go. Here are some tips to delegate your tasks if want to jumpstart your business without burnout:
- Start small: Start by delegating small tasks to an admin assistant, such as data entry or scheduling appointments. This will help you build trust and confidence in your assistant’s abilities.
- Set clear expectations: Clearly set your expectations for your virtual assistant, including deadlines, quality standards, and any other relevant details. This ensures that your VA understands what is expected of them and avoids burning them out, too.
- Provide training: Provide your virtual assistant with the training and resources they need to perform their tasks effectively. This may include access to specific software, tools, or tutorials you often use or will introduce. You can even use AI to maximise your VA’s hours and productivity.
- Trust your assistant: Trust that your virtual assistant is capable of performing the tasks you have delegated to them. Micromanaging or constantly checking in on your assistant can be counterproductive and could undermine their confidence and expertise.
Common Tasks to Outsource
Here are some common tasks that you can outsource to a virtual assistant:
- Gathering of Supporting Documents
- CRM Data Entry
- Product Comparisons
- Apply Online Data Entry
- Pricing Requests
- Follow up with Lenders regarding applications
Change is never easy, but embracing it might be the key to breakthroughs in your business. By outsourcing routine tasks to a virtual assistant, you can finally say goodbye to overworking yourself and grow your business without sacrificing time for yourself or your loved ones.Not sure where to start? Get a business health check with us and discover how you can achieve your goals for half the time and effort!